Donate to improve the experience

Search This Blog

Monday 1 July 2013

20th of June - And Now Where Can I Hide? (171st Song)


Sometimes you try something silly but you like so much that you can stop doing it and wonder how the results are gonna be, even if you know that no one is gonna appreciate your work done. I got this weird sound very percussive but muted at the same time and I wanted to make something with it, it sounded very 'cheeky' and the first thing that came into my mind was Monkey Island, of course!

Thoughts: Monkey Island is chasing me all the time, I have a lot of songs that remind me to it. I'm not a pirate fan, but that video game changed my life completely, the first video game that I had to use my brain actively and find solutions to the problems presented, later that idea evolved to Zelda which is the best video game saga ever, and I have a tattoo that accredits it. 

I had this melody idea and then everything flowed, layers of new 'orchestations' making it bigger and bigger. Then I had this weird idea of putting a high note in every gap between two notes splitting them by half, it's not very accurate but I see that can work in many scenarios, I'll keep that in mind, it's kind of a signature. The last note needed a reverb clearly so I was looking for which parameters could be work, finally I didn't like it but I think it's the quality of the reverb, it's not what I was looking for, very artificial. But the effect is still there and doing its work and it's not that bad, I see how somethings even when don't sound perfect are working enough to make it be acceptable and that's more valuable that many other perfect sounded bad ideas. 

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment