Donate to improve the experience

Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 December 2013

25th of December - My Own Standard (359th Song)


It's time to make a jazz standard, my own standard that everyone can play and jam with it.

Thoughts: I'm very sick today, I've been with stomach ache almost 2 months and yesterday I didn't take care of me on Christmas eve. I feel bad and I don't want to make big efforts. So I made a song with my mobile, bad sounds but very comfortable to lay down and make your brain work musically. It's like maintenance exercise. I wanted a very old 32 bars classic jazz standard with a good melody and a very simple harmony. The melody is repeated 3 times, the structure would be AABA so 3 A's. And the harmony is lead only by the bass, I wanted to do a bass line that never repeats and moves a lot, that fills the spaces that the lack of other instruments leave. It's the first time that I don't copy paste a bass line like this with same harmonies, I just wanted to try that. Some ideas are cool, some are very cheap. The most important is that I trainned and found very good notes that transport the melody through a path full bends, some soft, some hard, but makes the journey more fun.

Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment