Donate to improve the experience

Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 May 2013

14th of May (134th Song)

Introduction to Improvisation (Assessment 2)





I had to record some specific scales for the assessment of the introduction to improvisation course on Coursera, this is what I sent to them. 

Thoughts: It's tremendously difficult to be a good improviser, you must rememember all those scales, but not just that because the notes within the scale must have sense too, otherwise you'll have something like what I did, non-sense notes. It's like reciting random words of a specific world, for example, imagine that you have to talk about DIY and you just say: hammer, nail, stick, wall, hanging, white, key, tile, water, wet... It's exactly what I was feeling like while playing randomly. I need to get into every scale, and feel it, and talk, talk, talk, talk until what I say makes any sense, that's the goal, that's what I'll do. 

Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment