Donate to improve the experience

Search This Blog

Monday 1 July 2013

1st of July - Important City Hall (182nd Song)

New city hall iarc from Archframe on Vimeo.

7th Month!!! Let's start it with a big one, I spent some days doing this one. It's the definitive song for the building video that EfraĆ­n asked me to do. Finally he liked the idea that I had. We would take a song that he already knew that could work, capture the energy that transmit and change everything to match perfectly with the video clip. A massive work but the results were worth it.

Thoughts: Well, finishing this song was like on of the reasons that gave me motivation to continue with my quest. I was stressed trying songs for this over and over and nothing seemed to fit. Finally kind of copying was the solution, I shouldn't be proud of that, but actually I am, I tweaked the things in a way that would work finally, changing instruments and phrases without changing the soul. I realized how strong the harmony is in music, no matter what surround it, harmony is having the music a lot of information that prevails above the melody. 

Working for a video gave me some new techniques that I haven't ever imagined. I didn't know that I just could open a video in Logic and it's linked with the music, I could do things so easily accompanying the footage: zooms in and out, speed ups, flashy lights, ... Also I had to squeeze my brain in search of good sounds, I start to understand how some people get cool and professional sounds from Logic's library that sometimes seems so cheap. 

I did a good job and the video did succeed, the clients liked it and it can open to work as composer of this kind of videos. I'm very happy.

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment