Donate to improve the experience

Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 December 2013

10th of December - Gregorian Quotes (344th Song)


I've got a good friendship with a girl in these days, she is catholic, something that surprises me yet. She's a cool girl and she let me to joke about this and make a Gregorian song dedicated to her. It's something that I wouldn't imagine I could do if I don't talk to her about it and that's great. 

Thoughts: The first thing I had to do was knowing what to sing, something in latin would be ideal. I found famous quotes in latin to sing them. They mean: 
-"I hope that the memory of our friendship will be everlasting"
-"The clothes make the man"
-"Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even"
-"That man is wis who talks little"
-"Eggs today are better than chickens tomorrow"or"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush"
-"It gains strenght by going (or as it goes)"

To record it I invented the melody of the first phrase and repeated it 4 more times from different places of the recording room, then the next and I positioned myself in the same places to make the voices sound as even as possible. This way I was able to make the song on the way and not learn all the melody from the top to the buttom which would be really difficult. When I finished I did the obvious thing: put a big reverb. It's very dark, I like it dark better, but my idea was something a bit more bright. The last chord is just a little detail to make it fun. They always sing in monodic and I allowed myself to break the rules.

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment