Donate to improve the experience

Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 December 2013

8th of December - Mandela (342nd Song)


I came from Bilbao this afternoon, I was thinking about Nelson Mandela on the journey, they talk about him a lot. He was a great person and he is part of modern history. If all that they say about him is true then I love this guy, he deserves a song as tribute of his achievements.

Thoughts: I reckoned that a good way to show my respect to Mandela was making and African song. Full of dances, percussion and jubilee chants. I like the result, I invented the melody that loops as they do so much in african music, also I used the 2 against 3 that I love in the rhythmic section. I sung the voices while dancing, I wanted that shaking voice of every bounce to sound so it seems like I'm dancing, I think it gives it more credibility to the song. And I sung from different places to get different reverberations from my room and that way the voices sound like a choir and not like voices overdubbing each other. 

Finally I recorded a cowbell that I own and I hit it with anything, this time it was a plastic pen. It sounded very bad, but one I put some reverb it doesn't sound like I record it with my laptop. This bell is the one that do some changes to not make the song to boring. Mandela would be proud. RIP Madiba.

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment